Friday, June 6, 2008

Lame

So my sciatic nerve has been pinched/irritated/something to where there is now a constant pain that radiates throughout my whole leg. I couldn't walk from Friday to Monday afternoon. Even now I can barely walk and the pain isn't gone...just bearable with Vicodin and the other prescriptions they gave me. At the same time I've been fighting a cold. I've been through so much physical discomfort this week while trying to get through the last week of instruction for this quarter. It sucked and was quite lame (get it..lame- as in can't move...ha..ha..no?). ANYWAYS...being disabled I had to rely on others for almost everything. Being disabled makes me realize how important the small act of charity are. The little things like getting somebody a glass of water helped make my life so much easier. So thank you to everybody who has helped me in all the small ways this past week: my family, my friends, my roomates and even strangers (nurses at hospitals are really nice btw). Those seemingly simple/ insignificant tasks can really make a big difference. Wow, another lesson learned through the simplicity of life. It's amazing how much we take things for granted...like the ability to walk itself. I can't wait for summer to get time to relax and get my life back in order. One more week..

No comments: