Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Advent!



It's been a crazy month and a half...but hopefully the hustle will soon be over. I've been running on very minimal sleep for the past month, living off red bull and 5 hour shots, and surviving on a tight budget. The past four weekends consisted of 3 retreats and a hectic Thanksgiving break. It amazes me how I haven't just completely crashed already. I know that the main thing that keeps me going is my faith. This past weekend on retreat I was reminded of this:

"Nothing is more practical
than finding God,
that is, than falling in love
in a quite absolute, final way.
What you are in love with,
what seizes your imagination,
will affect everything.

It will decide
what will get you out
of bed in the morning,
what you do with your evenings,
how you spend your weekends,
what you read,
who you know,
what breaks your heart,
and what amazes you
with joy and gratitude.

Fall in love, stay in love,
and it will decide everything."

Pedro Arrupe, S.J.
former Superior General
Society of Jesus


Some people wonder how I never really stress out or go crazy during times like these. It's because I don't think I've ever felt more fulfilled and moved than I do now. This has been a very frustrating, confusing and yet peaceful journey for me these past few months. I really don't know what I'm going to do after I graduate, but I know that I am more open to the Spirit than I've ever been. That is what brings me comfort and gives me hope that whatever happens, I'm being led down the right path. Despite all the uncertainty, I am at peace that God has plans for me. I'm slowly and slowly learning to trust more. This past weekend on retreat, I was given this Bible verse "at random" (I put this in quotes because I know it was just another reminder from God)

For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you, says the Lord, and I will change your lot; I will gather you together from all the nations and all the places to which I have banished you, says the Lord, and bring you back to the place from which I have exiled you.
-Jeremiah 29:11-14

I've heard these word before, but they been more true to me now than ever before. This is why I am at peace. I am happy and blessed to have spent my 21st birthday with Jesus on retreat. Great times. Thanks to all for the birthday greetings. It really made my weekend!

In other news, I found this rendition of my favorite Christmas song. Check it out and watch it all the way through. I promise it's worth it! Happy Advent everyone!

No comments: